The dictionary meaning says it is the action of delaying or postponing something. Our beloved Wikipedia defines it as avoidance of doing a task which needs to be accomplished.
Lets first begin with recognising procrastination habit:
- Organising tasks: When you tend to have confusion over organising tasks according to their priority, you will feel like not doing and totally abandoning the tasks.
- Low-Priority tasks: You will be attracted to do low priority tasks so that you get a sense of accomplishment. This is a sign of procrastination.
- Urgent and not-important tasks: If you have prioritised the tasks, then you will complete not urgent, not important tasks and urgent, not important tasks. This results in decrease of your productivity.
- Negative emotions: Feelings of fear, anxiety and boredom dominate your thoughts resulting in procrastinating tasks at hand.
What are the underlying causes of this problem? Shall we explore them? Below is a list:
- Fear of Failure/Success
- Overwhelmed by tasks
- Skill/Knowledge gap
- Bored and under stimulated
- Disorganised environment
- Internal states (Thoughts & Emotions)
Having understood the causes and ways to recognise the problem of Procrastination, one will be curious to know the solutions for this problem.
Best solution is to address the cause at root and regularly practice changed/transformed thoughts, emotions and actions.
Coaching is something which doesn’t tell you what to do instead inspire to do what one wants to. Now this is not encouraging of negativity but to bring out all the positive energy from within. These days Coaching has become the buzz word everybody is talking about. From personal benefits to executive high performances to business success, all considered to be resulted from coaching.
What is coaching then? This is to partner with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize their personal and professional potential. A coach responsibility is to help the individual to think about and identify strategies for success, and help them create goals; keep them motivated so that they accomplish their goals.
Hope you take best advantage of coaching to solve and beat procrastination. Good Luck Friends !!